Village of Schoharie Information
As the county seat, the Village of Schoharie has a great deal of critical infrastructure. The Schoharie Fire Department, Police Department, County Sheriff, County Jail, County DPW and other county facilities, Scho-Wright Ambulance, Schoharie County Critical Care Team, and the court system are all located within the Village. There are 4.2 miles of road, no bridges, and all the water and sewer infrastructure, including two springs, and one holding pond within the municipal boundaries.
Schoharie Community Development Corporation
The Schoharie Community Development Corporation is a not-for-Profit entity in the Village dedicated to encouraging and fostering entrepreneurship in the Village as well as strengthening and expanding existing businesses, revitalizing Main Street, stimulating tourism growth, and creating employment opportunities. Contact the Village office for more information on Schoharie CDC programs.
If you are a developer, small business owner, or entrepreneur, consider the Village of Schoharie. It has all you need for successful development:
– Accessible sites.
– Supportive policies and plans for housing and commercial development.
– A local development corporation eager to help willing developers initiate and complete development projects.
– A prime location within 30 minutes of New York’s Capital Region and within easy reach of the Catskill Mountains, Mohawk and Hudson Valleys and Adirondack Region.
– Click Here to view Schoharie’s long term plan for development opportunities.
Village of Schoharie Long Term Community Recovery Strategy September 9 2014.pdf
– Click here for a full Market Analysis and Economic Data for the Village and surrounding area.
Final Part 2 Appendix 1
The Market Area for the Village of Schoharie